Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference

Wow. Conference, as always, was very inspiring. Although I also feel inadequate, like I'll never measure up. I especially enjoyed Elder Bednar's talk on prayer and Elder Eyring's talk on Unity. Two areas I also need to work on a great deal.

I started reading in the Book of Mormon tonight. Instead of starting at the beginning, I decided to start in the middle of Helaman, since that's where we are in Sunday School. I've read first Nephi so many times, I practically have it memorized! I started with Samuel The Lamanite's sermon to the Nephites. Which is probably contributing to my feelings of inadequacy. I'm afraid I can identify quite well with the Nephites. As soon as things start going right, I start becoming complacent and lazy in my religion.

Nothing for it but to try to do better. We'll keep track here every day and see where we are in April at the next Conference.

It's late and I need to get to bed. See you all tomorrow.

As always,

Hopeful.

No comments: